Gitxsan Film Festival 2019
The third annual Gitxsan Wellness Film Festival was rescheduled and held March 20th, 2019 at the Hazelton Tritown Theater.
Gitxsan Wellness Film Festival 2019 – OUTLINE
March 20th, 2019 7 pm start
Festival: at the Tri town Theatre (4325 Field St, Hazelton BC)
Spring Solstice Prayer and medicines in the room
MC: Sandra Harris
Tentative outline of short stories:
- Gitxsan Wellness- Introduction: Sandra Harris
- Gitxsan Wellness Video – GGC
- Gitxsan Health’s PCAP Judy Wesley: Moms & Babes 2019 (~15 mins); Judy Wesley and Rosalind Sampson shared some thoughts about the program
- Gitanyow Lax’Yip Guardian Program (10 mins); wouldn’t load up
- 15min INTERMISSION
- Senden Deex Goot: Community Resilience, Arts and Culture (5 mins); Christine Anoneuvo shared the story behind the video
- Gitxsan Wellness Video – GGC replayed
- Walk A Mile In Her Shoes 2019 (4 mins) & Shawn Woods shared about his experience
- Two Eyed Seeing – Story
- Closing Remarks; t’ooyaxs’y ‘niin to all that participated!
Questions after each presentation; popcorn, door prizes and lots of good vibes to be shared! thank you, Senden for donating 2 door prizes!